Be a Winner

Having tried and failed, I'll always consider you a winner; but having not tried and failed, I'll always consider you a nobody!

Monday, October 19, 2009

New England Patriots' 59-0 unfair win over Tennessee Titians

To: All My Cyberspace Loyal Fans and Readers




Subject: New England Patriots' 59-0 unfair win over Tennessee Titians



Date: October 19, 2009



Dear Fans and Readers:



After interrupting my daily routine exercise for a few minutes to take a peek in on the NFL New England Patriots-Tennessee Titians football game, I became very upset about what I saw! Mater-of-fact, I became so intensely frustrated, I had to abandon my exercising entirely. Compared to Atlanta, these players were playing on an outdoors football field in an environment of inclement weather which had produced heavy snow, 10 to 15 mph winds and 40 degree temperatures. It was downright frustrating and uneventful to watch the Titians struggling to maintain their balance and hold on the football without any success whatever; they only appeared like little school kids out playing in the snow! The main brunt of my problem I had was with those bird brain sports commentators. It was astounding that neither one of the two ever mentioned the unfamiliar playing environment condition, under which the Tennessee Titians were playing, was the cause of their unusual poorly playing performance. All these two nit-wits could comment was, "This is the results of the Tennessee Titians injuries and young inexperienced players"



What happened today is what I was afraid would happen to teams playing in the NFL under inequitable playing environments; such as, indoors vs. outdoors. I suggest that the NFL Commissioner, owners and the NFL Football Players Union, immediately, come together and adopt a mandatory universal rule that all football games be played indoors. Rule that current teams without football domes must make arrangement to have their games played indoors while their own domes are being built. This would acclimatize players for playing in only one environment instead of many. Today, after throwing 5 interceptions, the rookie New York Jets' quarterback Mark Sanchez said, "I'm not use to playing in this kind of weather. I never played in weather below 55 degrees!" See what I mean?



Meanwhile, if all playing accommodations were either inside or outside there would be an equal playing field; and very likely the final results, in both above situations, would have had a different outcome. Players of baseball, basketball, tennis, hockey, racing, etc., they all play in equal weather environment settings. Currently, NFL players are playing in weather prone environment that is antiquated and well in need of updating.



Sincerely,







Sir Leonard

Recording Artist, Writer and Blogger

Fit T Hit Records

No comments:

Post a Comment