Be a Winner

Having tried and failed, I'll always consider you a winner; but having not tried and failed, I'll always consider you a nobody!

Monday, October 12, 2009

The United Football League--the Black Football League

To: All My Loyal Cyberspace Fans and Readers




Subject: The United Football League--the Black Football League



Date: October 1, 2009



Dear Fans and Readers:



It's a sad sense of regret when our sports leaders regress back to the dark period of segregation where the black baseball leagues, the black basketball leagues, etc., were the norm. The United Football League is a total eclipse--everybody is black--the commissioner, coaches, players including referees! Oh, well, that shouldn't surprise me, at all, because blacks are the causes of our black schools have become re-segregated this very day, all over America. I will never forget, while living in Los Angeles, that it was reported on the news how the blacks in Atlanta, GA, were protesting and screaming their heads off about not wanting their children being "bussed" from their black neighborhoods schools to white neighborhoods schools. I thought my own eyes were deceiving me as I watched such idiotic thing taking place in Atlanta; because I approved the way the federal government was using forced bussing as a tool for desegregating schools in America. As a result of these black people's protest, the federal government forced bussing was ended; also, was ended the history-making progress made toward desegregation by bold and courageous individuals for which they gave their lives.



Moreover, I witnessed a crystal clear example taking place as I went through my Air Force basic training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas. Housed at this Base were young men and women from all over the United State--North and South, East and West and many foreign countries. At the beginning of the training period, training personnel laid down the rules and procedures by which everyone was to be governed; such as, everyone would be treated the same whether from North, South, East, West or wherever; and no form of segregation nor discrimination would be tolerated! And low and behold, at social gatherings, one could tell those that were from the South by obviously segregating themselves in little groups hovering in corners of social gatherings. I could never understand that; since there, they had nothing to fear. I thank God that I never had to undergo such humiliating, deep-rooted fear in my bringing up in Portland, Or.



After attending and graduating from such distinguished University as Cornell, one would think that UFL Commissioner Michael Hugyhue would know better not to regress backward while organizing this football league. Any proud, aggressive, forward-minded, black NFL player, rightfully, would never agree to enter in any interleague competition, with such backward-moving football league. He has my vote!



Authored

By

Sir Leonard

No comments:

Post a Comment