Be a Winner

Having tried and failed, I'll always consider you a winner; but having not tried and failed, I'll always consider you a nobody!

Monday, April 13, 2015

A Letter of Commendation for Mrs. Donaldson (RN)


My purpose of writing this letter is to formally and publicly commend Mrs. Donaldson (RN) for truly acting as an angel of mercy in coming to the rescue of helping save my leg from lamisil-allergy leg ulcers. 

 

My medical misfortune all began on, January 15, 2015, after going to the VA Medical Center at 1670 Clairmont Road, Decatur, GA 30033, as an "ER walk-in," seeking antibiotics for the two sores that had formed on my left leg, due to a lamisil allergy.   The ER doctor, Mr. Chang Bryant, prescribed some antibiotics and pain medication for me to take until I was to return to the clinic after the end of the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Holliday.  On, January 20, 2015, I returned to the Medical Center and reported to Dr. Chang's office.   He was waiting for me, and instructed me to go and talk to Wound Care on the 11th floor; and further instructed me to hurry because they were waiting to talk to me.  When I arrived on the 11th floor and begun inquiring about whom I was to talk to in the Wound Care Dept.  No one seemed to know what I was talking about.  So, I got disgusted and left.  I went back to Dr. Chang's office but no one was in there.  Highly, frustrated, I decided to go to Dr. Kumar's office and talk to his nurse, Mrs. Donaldson.   She looked at the bandage on my leg and said, "This bandage has to be changed."  The time was about 3:00PM.  She began cutting off the bandage, and said, "I'll be going home at 3:30."  After she got the bandage off, she said, "Wait a minute.  I'm going to go and get Dr. Kumar to come and have a look at that leg."  Dr Kumar came and examined my leg and said he wanted me to go and see Dermatology as soon as possible.  Mrs. Donaldson bandage my leg and told me that they has made an arrangement to have a wound care service to come out to my home and take care of my leg for at least three weeks; and said that she was going to call me exactly 9:00PM from her home and give me the phone number and information of the lady from the Wound care service--and that the lady would be calling me the next day to come by and interview me.  It was exactly 9:00PM that same evening when Mrs. Donaldson called me from her home and gave me the information--and I thanked her so gratefully and appreciatively.

 

Mrs. Donaldson had no reason or responsibility to go out of her way to inconvenient herself in being concern and caring for me at all.  It had to be her deep compassion and caring for the hurting that Mrs. Donaldson is willing to deny self, if what she does for the hurting alleviate their pain and suffering.  She, certainly, is an anomaly to the medical profession.

 

Again, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart and up for being an angel of mercy in helping to save my leg--and being an inspiration for my next e-book, "The Lady That Saved My Leg."


Authored

     By

Sir Leonard
 

No comments:

Post a Comment