Be a Winner

Having tried and failed, I'll always consider you a winner; but having not tried and failed, I'll always consider you a nobody!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

You and I are "Not Guilty"

To: All Christians, Bible Teachers and Biblical Scholars




Subject: You and I are "Not Guilty"



Date: April 10, 2010



Where on earth did Christians, preachers and so many others got the idea that we're not worthy of God's salvation? Look, folks, you'll never hear me tell God or His Son, Jesus Christ, that I'm not worthy to be saved from going to hell. I'll tell you why; because I didn't have anything to do with the creation of the world, the fulfillment of it and nor the making of mankind--all this was God's doing! When all this happened we weren't even born; then how in the hell can we blame ourselves for the screw up? The blame lies with the architect, God Almighty! It wasn't our fault that Adam and Eve disobeyed God in the Garden of Eden; it wasn't our fault after God made man, note that I said "made" man and not created him, that something went wrong! I'm hoping you can see where I'm going with this! If you're thinking, "God Almighty is to blame!" Exactly! Correcto!



However, you're blaming yourselves because it's inconceivable that God can make a mistake! Matter-of-fact, since you were always taught that God is impeccable; so rather than you blaming God, for the screw up, you blame yourselves. Many times, I've proved to pastors of congregations that the God we serve is a God that makes mistakes just like us. And so, without further ado, I refer you to Genesis 6:1-7; and I quote: "And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth and daughters were born unto them...the sons of God took (strong-armed them) the beautiful daughters from their parents and married them and bare children...and God saw that the wickedness of man was so great upon the earth that every imagination of thought of his heart was only evil continually...and it repented the Lord that He had made man on the earth, and it grieved Him at His heart. And the Lord said, 'I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man and beast, and the creeping things, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them!'"



Meanwhile, notice how God acknowledges how He had, unknowingly, created trouble for Himself; and became so frustrated and angry that He was ready and willing to destroy it all; instead of attempting to make it right (or didn't have the power to?). I don't know about you, but this attests to me that God is not all-knowing, all-powerful and infallible. You do the Math!



Now that I've proved that God makes mistakes; now let me prove to you that only God and God alone is capable of correct His mistakes. Being the God and the fair God that He is, Almighty God took upon Himself to take on the form of man and come down from heaven and shed His own blood to redeem man from the sinful state in which He, Himself, caused him to be. That's what makes Him a real God, and a fair God, I'll say! How about you? This is what sets the God we serve apart from other gods who don't have the power to correct their mistakes! The good thing about knowing this truth is that the next time you pray, you can pray with the gratitude of thankfulness to God for



redeeming you from the sinful state in which you were born, through no fault of your own; and for being God enough to correct the miscalculation He made, when creating mankind, by coming down from heaven and shedding His precious blood for you; so you wouldn't be lost and separated from Him, forever. The Bible says, "Boldly come before the throne of grace," not sorrowfully.



Nevertheless, the more I think about what God said, when He was ready to make man, "Let Us go down and make man in Our image"; things begin to make more and more sense! If we're made in the image of God, the Son and the Holy Spirit; then, we're blessed with the attributes and DNA of the Holy Trinity; and it shouldn't come as a surprise that, if we're capable of making mistakes, that the mold from whence we came is also.







Authored

By

Sir Leonard

No comments:

Post a Comment